My Space work with quality landlords and letting agents to source properties based on need. All our properties are of the highest quality and in the best possible community settings for each resident, and can be fully furnished if required.
My Space will match a highly trained Housing Support Officer with each resident who will provide information, advice and guidance on a wide range of issues. My Space also have a dedicated maintenance team who are available 24 hours a day, providing further support to our vulnerable tenants. All properties are subject to regular inspections.
How does supported living work?
Supported living is based on the belief that people have a right to decide where, how and with whom they live, and who should provide them with the support they need to do this. Examples might include:
- Living in a property that is rented. This might be a joint or an individual tenancy, in shared or self-contained accommodation
- All support paid for – this might be for a few hours a week or 24 hours
- A mixture of paid-for support and informal or ‘natural’ support from family, friends and/or community support
- No paid-for support, but some ‘natural’ support
- Supported living which has been set up from scratch by the tenant, by planning for and getting their own housing and support
- Moving into an existing service – some accommodation with support that had a vacancy
Traditionally, residential care provides a full package of housing, care and support. A key characteristic of supported living is the separation of housing and support. This means that, as a resident or homeowner, the person has a right to choose who provides their support and can change support arrangements without moving home or move home without changing support arrangements.